Thursday, August 23, 2007

Jehovah's Witnesses, The Pope and Lies... Results Reviewed

Catholic Evangalization
So we had our scheduled Trinity debate. Wow! Talk about getting your adrenaline pumping. Click HERE for the first article.


And the results are in. Remember, this was a two part series because the first time we agreed to a debate we immediately started and then scheduled one for Wednesday, August 22nd, The Feast of the Queenship of Mary.
  • Round one goes to the JW's. I did my best, but he had his stuff memorized and knew exactly where he was heading. He use to walk the streets you know. Although I held my own, his preparation for attacking the Trinity had been practiced many times.
    • Area of interest was the JW's quoting the Apostle John were Jesus declared that the Father was greater than the Son. Of course this is an excellent example of the virtue of humility. But he didn't take the bait. I could not produce a scriptural quote without research.
  • Round two goes to me. He gave up. This is not uncommon with JW's. Ask anyone who defends the Faith against the JW's attack. You get on the black list. No More JW's Visits. This was a phone debate, so maybe I will be on the Do Not Call List.
The best part about round two? The charity. Thank you prayer warriors for this answered prayer. We debated about the Trinity for 2 hours without an attack or raised voice. We even stayed on topic.

Was the Holy Spirit active during the debate? Absolutely! Can you believe I forgot to research answers to God's humility. Oops. But never fear, I learned to give my short comings to God long ago and he takes those little crosses and resurrects them. Here's this part of the story:

"John Michael, how could Jesus be God when he says, 'because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I."

This was in our first debate and he brought it back up. Ultimately, the JW's have little scriptual ammo so they rehash the same debate points. So now I remembered my oops. He was given the correct answer, but refused the answer.

Later on he brings up...

Phil.2
[5] Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
[6] who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
[7] but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
[8] And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.
[9] Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name,
[10] that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
[11] and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

He told me to read it aloud. Agreeing, I made him wait until I read the first four verses. Was I glad I did. The entire chapter talks about imitating God's Humility. Notice the first half, Jesus showed us a perfect humility example. Of course the JW's butchered this translation in their New World Bible.

... Sorry Got to go to work. I will finish this I promise. Bookmark and come back tomorrow for the rest of the story.

No comments: