Monday, August 20, 2007

"Jehovah's Witnesses, The Pope and Lies..."

I knew my JW friend and I were headed into a debate when he asked me, "Are You Catholic?"

I replied and he informed me that he was a Catholic alter boy, choir member and was going to be a priest. To top it off he questioned me.

"Why would you want to be Catholic?"

My thoughts. (And please tell me if I sinning so I can go to confession.) GAME ON. It's about time the good Lord gave me a good debate.

We agreed to debate on the Trinity, which was his picking. I see why because JW 's are drilled to answer questions dealing with the "false Trinity doctrine." It's not in the bible you know.

So what are your thoughts, as we continue this Wednesday mourning on the Feast of the Queenship of Mary.

Here are three important topics.
  1. When we left we he said I need to research this history tidbit. During the First Council of Nicaea, Constantine got into a fight with some bishops over the Trinity. He threw a fit and declared himself the first pope, Pope Pontiface Maximus, and defined the Trinity doctrine.
  2. John 1:1 and the bad revision of my bible. He uses the New World Bible.
  3. Quotes in scripture about the Father being greater than Jesus.
Wow! Thank the Lord I was sitting when he said the first line. What a lie.

No comments: