Monday, July 20, 2009

Family Funny

So, my wife reminds me three times to call my Godchild to wish him happy birthday.

"All right, I'll do it."

So, three hours later, I remembered something and called my twin brother, my Godson's father. We had a great manly conversation. We talked about religion, careers, home improvement projects, sports etc.. Everything but the wishing my Godchild happy birthday.


Now, we are getting ready for bed.

"Did you remember to wish your Godchild a happy birthday?"
Realizing my mistake, I said "Did you feel how hot it was today?"
Getting out of bed, I called my brother to apologized and wished the boy a happy first birthday.

Fast forward . . .

The next day my wife answers my brother's phone call.
"Is John Michael the worst Godfather ever for forgetting your son's first birthday?"

"No, I forget Anne Marie's all the time."

"Um, Rose is your Goddaughter, not Anne Marie."

At least my wife learned forgetting runs in the family.

3 comments:

Therese said...

lol. Men and their memories. Just as well you have us women to remind you.

John Michael said...

Therese,

I started this post a year ago, but the wording wasn't right. I save it and forgot about it.

His birthday is in a month ;) lol

Therese said...

ha. Maybe Regan better watch your drafts.