Discover these Bible Secrets to Conquer Lust
When the people left at noon, Susanna used to enter her husband's garden for a walk.Here are the steps Satan uses and how we can combat them at each level.
When the old men saw her enter every day for her walk,
they began to lust for her.
They suppressed their consciences;
they would not allow their eyes to look to heaven,
and did not keep in mind just judgments.
Though both were enamored of her, they did not tell each other their trouble,
for they were ashamed to reveal their lustful desire to have her.
- saw her enter every day - Idleness is the devil's play ground.
- suppressed their consciences - The lustful thought is not a sin, but entertaining it is.
- would not allow their eyes to look to heaven - Jesus gave us this example in John 17:1 "When Jesus had said this, he raised his eyes to heaven." We must turn to God for help desiring purity and holiness.
- did not keep in mind just judgments - 2 Chronicles 19:7 "Now then, let the fear of the LORD be upon you; take heed what you do, for there is no perversion of justice with the LORD our God, or partiality, or taking bribes." A proper fear of the Lord produces righteousness, because we do not want God in His Mercy to give us our due justice. The remedy here is to reflect on the pains of hell and purgatory.
- did not tell each other their trouble - Go to confession and if possible a trusted friend.
- ashamed to reveal their lustful desire - 1 Kings 2:1-2 "Take courage and be a man.
Keep the mandate of the LORD, your God, following his ways and observing his statutes, commands, ordinances, and decrees as they are written..." God uses fear to draw us to a hatred of sin. Notice that Satan also uses fear to keep us from going to God. Take courage and bring this evil to the light, then God can take over from there.
Key To Control Lust
Lust is a serious issue. By identifying the problem early in the process one can fight the snares of the devil with God's grace and have a much greater chance of success.
May God bless you and grant us all a pure heart.
Go ahead and email this to friend. They will thank you for it.