Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good Parenting Advice?

A mother of a very active child came to me after the stations of the cross.

"How do you keep your kids so well be behaved? I can't even keep my one behaved."

Reflecting back to when our two children were bad enough that we got nasty letters in the mail and a conference with our Pastor telling us that people where complaining. I smiled, thinking her kid was much more well behaved than mine. So I told her.

"Have a few more kids and wait 3 to 4 years."

Let me know was this good advise? What do you think?

3 comments:

Jennifer in TX said...

Perfect! I would say the same exact thing! :)

Therese said...

totally agree.

I remember when a lady told me to stop bringing Daniel to weekday mass because he was such a big distraction.

Now our children are completely different in church. I think what happens is the younger children copy the older ones.

matthew archbold said...

I tell everyone who asks that in many ways parenting gets easier the more children you have.

The children learn from each other and learn to care for each other.