Sunday, April 11, 2010

Divine Mercy Sunday


A Special Promise of Mercy

Our Lord’s promise to grant complete forgiveness of sins and punishment on the Feast of Mercy is recorded three times in the Diary of Saint Faustina, each time in a slightly different way:

“I want to grant a complete pardon to the souls that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion on the Feast of My mercy” (1109).

“Whoever approaches the Fountain of Life on this day will be granted complete forgiveness of sins and punishment” (300).

“The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion will obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment” (699).

3 comments:

Shirley said...

What a blessing divine Mercy Sunday is. I went on confession on Wednesday of Holy week; do you know if that qualifies, or do I need to go within 8 days either side of Divine Mercy Sunday?

Melissa said...

What a wonderful blessing Our Lord has given us! May He bless all the Priests who have made this promise a reality for the faithful by making Confession available to them this day.

John Michael said...

Shirley,

What a blessing indeed!

Divine Mercy Sunday counts as a plenary indulgence so 8 days before or after counts. Now I just read on EWTN that 20 days before or after, but that is the first time I ever read that.

Either way, I would go this Saturday. You can never lose that way.

JMJ